Earlier today on this week’s airing of Meet The Press, Harold Ford had the gall to claim that the reason he had decided not to seek the Democratic Party’s nomination for senator from New York was that he was forced out by the party “machine”. In the same segment on the show Mr. Ford went on to describe himself as an “Independent – Democratic”. Mr. Ford must think that we the Democratic voters of NY are blithering idiots. Mr. Ford no party machine had to force you out, we NY Democrats frankly couldn’t find one compelling reason to support your candidacy, you’re voting record while in Congress was appalling by New York standards. Something else Mr. Ford you might want to consider when seeking primary votes, we loyal Dems don’t vote for people who describe themselves as “Independent – Democrats”, just ask Joe Lieberman!
- Rated 30% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
- Voted YES on restricting bankruptcy rules. (Jan 2004)
- Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
- Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
- Voted YES on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
- Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)