Narcissism has numerous personality traits. Chief among them is a lack of empathy. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s empathy is under question from numerous events in his history.
* The hair cutting attack on the presumed gay classmate at prep school, and the inability to either remember the attack or express any remorse.
* Placing his dog in a crate strapped to the roof of the family car for a 10 hour road trip. Romney explained that the dog loved it and probably preferred it to being in the car with his five boys. Anybody who has owned a dog knows full well that dogs hate being alone. Anyone who has been on a road trip with a car full of boys is that the best way to prevent them from fighting with each other is to put a dog in the car.
* Laughing about the time his dad closed down an auto plant in Michigan.
* Unable to deal with the shame of Bain in it’s mission to put profits ahead of jobs.
* Telling supporters “I’m not sure about these cookies. They don’t look like you made them,” and theorizing that they came from 7-Eleven.
There are many traits we look for in a president. Empathy is high on that list.