Sequester’s First Hit

When the “sequester” first became law many said: “see, no impact, it’s good to cut government spending at all levels.”  This week we’re seeing a different story.  At the beginning of a busy travel season the FAA is forced to furlough air traffic controllers resulting in delayed flights.  This impacts everyone traveling by air, including those in Congress that allowed the sequester to become law.

Soon we will see cuts in defense that will impact those employed by the military directly and indirectly is a major way.

The sequester was stupid, and now we’re paying the price.



Filed under Uncategorized

19 responses to “Sequester’s First Hit

  1. greetings from florida, hope everyone is doing well. Anon whats going on with your health?

  2. tempebev

    The first impact of the sequester has hit – hard if you’re traveling by air. Quote in the paper this morning: “This is unacceptable, according to Charles Moynihan, an ESPN producer. Mother Nature is unpredictable. Airlines are at her mercy. To me, the furloughs were a ‘predictable’ known and should have been spread out over a longer period of time to lessen passenger angst.”

    This is going to get interesting as more of the sequester hits the public. I wonder if the members of Congress will begin chartering their own planes. That will go over big with the public.

  3. Dog's Eye View

    I am glad to see the sequester hitting the flying public, particularly business travelers and Congress.

    Government does a lot of things well, and it costs money to do them.

  4. Dog's Eye View

    Costs money to regulate and ensure safety. I hope West, Texas gets its share in the sunlight, as much attention as the marathon bombers do.

    That we don’t adequately fund regulation in the public interest needs to be driven home. The miscreants skate, again and again.

  5. anon paranoid

    Hi all…

    Well I had my surgery on the 23rd. and by the morning of the 24th. I was back too the emergency room at the hospital. So what happened you wonder, so do I.

    The surgery went good, it was the recovery that killed me so to speak.

    I actually arrived early for the check-in at the hospital. Got there around 10:30am for my 1pm surgery. I was suppose to be there by 11am but like I said arrived early. After doing the check-in was taken back to the pre-op room and got myself changed and in my bed.

    The doctor came by as did the surgical nurse and knock out guy. All seemed to be going well and before I knew it they were taking me into the operating room. The OR room did was they do before knocking you out and doing the surgery.

    When I awoke in the recovery area everything seemed fine. They came by and did their checks like their suppose to and it looked like I would be going home somewhere between 5pm and 6pm, all I had to do was pee.

    As the night wore on it looked like I might not be leaving as I hadn’t use the bathroom to pee. I drink water and coffee and what not, however I still could not go pee. The couple of time I did try all I got was a slight dribble and I thought that that was was they meant about going pee. Boy was I wrong.

    Around 10:30pm they said that they would have to put a folio in and to be perfectly honest I didn’t understand why. I was dribbling so why should they put a Cather in me and also she said something about getting a bed for me since the Out Patient Surgery area was getting ready too close. I refused the Cather, stupid me. Instead I went home and discovered the error of my ways the next morning.

    When I got up I hurt all over my chest and abdomen area as well as my pee shooter was turning black filled up I assume with blood. I called the doctor’s office and was told to go to the hospital emergency room and have a Cather put it. So here I am sitting in front of my computer updating you. I see a Urologist next Wednesday on the 1st. of May to have it taken out. Hopefully, once pulled out I will still be able to pee and not need to have it put back in me.

    It seems that the stuff they use to put you out has a side issue for some and that is the inability to pee. They do not do folly’s as part of the surgery since very few people are affected like this from the knock out, put you to sleep crap. I am one of the unlucky few it looks like and so I sit in pain and dumping a leg back, so far 6 times in the last 24hrs.

    I do feel better though and some of the abdomen and chest soreness has gotten better. Hopefully tomorrow the pain will be less. I only took one of the pain killers given me since I do not know anything about it and I am handling the pain pretty well. I was given a script for Cipro and Flomax which I understand is to keep the pee flowing.

    Anyway, that’s about all and I need to get off the pc right now. Hope everyone is doing well and …

    Have a great day.

    God Bless

  6. tempebev

    So glad the Senate saved the airlines – how touching that they care about the traveling public.

  7. tempebev

    Anon – I’m so sorry you have this problem. You’re the second one I’ve heard about this – he was having prostate Cancer treatments and couldn’t pee either. I can imagine the pain you must have gone through. I’m glad you’re getting better. You’re special because you’re in the special percent who have this reaction to surgery. Wow – you’re part of the 1%!

    Take care and keep on peeing.

  8. Dog's Eye View

    Oh, anon, I hope you’re recovering well. How uncomfortable.

    Also: they are NEVER going to successfully rehabilitate George W. Bush’s legacy. Never.

  9. Dog's Eye View

    Yippee. The Bush Library dedication brought Margaret and Helen back. They’ve been AWOL for months.

  10. tempebev

    Yay for the Dbacks last night. I’m actually starting to watch occasionally. Picking out my wager for the Kentucky Derby.

    One thing Congress is really transparent about. When something helps or effects them, it goes to the front burner and gets fixed. If something might interfere with their re-election/money in 20?? it’s all about them. The transparency is so very obvious.

  11. tempebev

    All the good ones are leaving. George was a true legend however we still have his music.

    Just read the new installment of Margaret and Helen. Nearly fell off the chair! Glad they’re back. The local paper cartoon showed a picture of the library with one book – “My Pet Goat.”

  12. Greetings from Locust Grove, GA. Hey AP sorry to hear you’re having such a hard time of it, hang in there bud, something tell me it’s all going to work out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s